And by MOPS I mean Mothers of Pee Shooters. The last two nights I have gone through more wardrobe changes that pop star trying to hide their lack of talent. Last night I got peed on 4 times in 2 diaper changes (Babii will pee I'll cover him up after he gets a good spray out I'll uncover him to put on the new diaper and he used this opportunity to get another spray out). It's not like his diaper is dry, I use a cloth diaper prefold and an extra hemp insert at night and they are usually both sopping... And he still has more to donate to my pajamas.
I have discovered that hovering with the diaper is better that touching him because touching makes him stop peeing and it is better to let him get everything out. Has any one used a peepee teepee or weeblocker successfully? We shall see if I can be a little more awake for diaper changes tonight.
As for breastfeeding Babii and I are doing much better. Still feel sore after a day of nursing and the bottle of expressed breast milk is a good break for me. He is more awake for feedings and opens his mouth nice and big when he wants to eat.
Now his problem is he has to process everything that he eats. He suffers quite a bit from gas. Poor little guy wiggles and cries and stretches out and kicks his legs. We scrunch him up and pump his legs to help him get the gas out but he still spends most of his time grunting (even while he is sleeping). he spends so much time grunting that I have nicknamed him Gruntasaurus. Well Gruntasaurus is eating like a monster, he now weighs 10lbs 10oz and is just short of 22 inches so, maybe all that grunting is him willing his little body to grow so he can stuff more milk into his tiny tummy.
I love how squidgy he looks while he is grunting but we are trying our best to reduce his gas. Any suggestions will be accepted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thomas peed on me ALL the time. I finally starting just putting a wipe down (too cheap to buy a teepee) so that the pee was reflected back downward and the wipe didn't seem to stop him from peeing - in fact I think it encouraged him to finish the job because it was cool from inside the pack. I also really recommend the Boppy pads that go on top of your changing table that are waterproof so you're not constantly switching out the changing table cover. They are cheap too, like $5 for 3 pads.
ReplyDeleteAs far as gas goes, try and limit the dairy and/or high fiber foods in your diet (like broccoli). This worked for Thomas. I ended up giving up dairy completely while nursing because it cleared up his horrible eczema. But the doctor had recommended this first to me to remedy gas. Thomas was a fiesty eater as well - often he would snap my bra strap against my collarbone or kick me in the arm while eating.
Hahaha... changing clothes a lot is normal for little men. Can't do too much more to avoid it. I imagine it would get better as he grows up and has more control? But nakedness and coldness makes a baby pee! Covering it up is all I can say to help with that. And for gas, I've heard giving up dairy helps... I think it takes awhile to get it out of your system to be able to notice results. And I've heard mylicon and gripe water help too. Good luck Mommy!! You're doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteHey Mariam! I've been peed on once & I'm sure it'll happen again. I usually place a wipe over his special area to prevent the inevitable peeing to turn into a fountain experience while changing diapers. Our little boy also suffers serious gas pain. We have been using Simethicone drops which relieve a lot of his pain (though it's not 100%). I'm enjoying reading about your experiences as a mom!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments guys! I tried writing a longer reply earlier but blogger decided not to print it :P
ReplyDeleteLeah: I am enjoying reading your blog as well! I wish I could be in Atlanta now, all my friends are having kids while I am far away :(