So another, Sunday another post. This week has been crazy!
Hubii left on Wednesday to attend the SIGCSE (Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education) Conference in Dallas. He got back last night but he now has a cold :( Thankfully Hubii is off for Spring break this week so he has time to recuperate. We were supposed to go for a walk with the Hike of the Month small group at church, but Hubii skipped out. Good thing he did it was cold and not too pretty.
It was kinda good to have the house to myself/ be alone because I was able to do a lot of school work. I stayed on campus later and came home to Pasta Roni dinners (Don't worry I threw in lots of spinach to offset the unhealthiness).
We did some dissections in our lab on pigs' legs to help ease our undergrads into cadaver testing. Also we use it to introduce the different muscles (pigs have similar muscle structure to humans). I was supposed to help lead that, but really I know less about anatomy than they probably do (being 10 years removed from my last biology class). Thankfully, we have a masters student with a biology undergrad working in our lab.
Yesterday, I helped my advisor with a Technology and Tea event on Campus. We had 6-8th grade girls come and participate in different engineering workshops. We tried to do a Lego Mindstorms project. We had them build the basic robot and then gave them the obstacle and asked them to modify their robots to get past the obstacle. To keep it simple, we just had different boxes that the girls had to try to escape from. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time and no one was able to get out of the boxes. But it was fun, and a little relaxing to not think about school work or research.
This week is the first proper ultrasound appointment at the OB. Maybe I will get some pics to put online and make this blog more exciting. I know just talking can be boring, and I don't know how to write to be interesting :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like it. It's interesting to me! :)
ReplyDelete